Re: [WriteLog] Recent Problems with WL v10.62h

To: w3dq@arrl.net, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Recent Problems with WL v10.62h
From: "Scot, K9JY" <scot@k9jy.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:41:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi Eric,

For number 2, getting back to WriteLog from a different window, the one off the
top of my head is Alt-Tab and that will cycle you through the programs open on
your desktop.

For number 3, programming the buttons about the call entry fields, the trick is
Shift-Click where you click on the button you want to program. That will open
up a window to type in CW/RTTY stuff. Shift Click to stop the recording.

No answer for number 4.

Glad I had something for number 1! I'll have to look at where it is buried in
the site...

Scot, K9JY

Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net> wrote: Over the last couple of contests
I've run into the following questions and issues with WL. As far as I can tell,
these are not version specific.

I'm running it on a 1.8 GHz P4 machine, 1 mb memory and a Matrox dual monitor
card.

1. Resetting the soundcard. My sb interface stopped working and I couldn't
figure out how to straighten everything out. Buried in his website, K9JY says
"Try just running the Sound Board Check program. I suspect this works because
it reinitializes the sound card and opens and mutes the correct sound channels
for WriteLog."  I did it and it worked!

-- is there another way to accomplish this in the start-up of Writelog?

2. I use two monitors and when the going gets slow, I've been known to check
the weather or my email... hey, at 3 am on 160, it *does* get slow!  Is there a
keystroke that willget me back to WL? I know there are ones that get you back
to the QSO entry screenif you're within WL.

3. How do I program the CW, SSB and/or RTTY memories accessed by the buttons
over the QSO entry fields. I accidentally clicked on one this weekend and was
shocked to hear audio come out!

4. Is there a way to search the log "live"?  There are times when I'd like to
have more detail when I'm S&Ping, for example, who did I work in section XX?

Thanks & 73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

Scot, K9JY