Re: [WriteLog] (no subject)

To: "'George Rickley'" <Grickley@comcast.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] (no subject)
From: "Madison Jones" <w5mj@hal-pc.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:14:39 -0600
When you use Windows XP, you need an interface along with the cables because
XP does not use the CT-type LPT cables without some serious mods.  Most
people use a USB interface of one sort or another rather than trying to get
the LPT or serial ports to work directly.  RigBlaster and MicroHam make
several different USB interfaces that work well.  If you are interested, I
have a RigBlaster Pro and all cables that I will sell.  I switched to a
MicroHam for use in VU7. The Agatti Island team wanted to standardize, and
there were more of us using MicroHam than RigBlaster, so that's what we
chose. Both work very well.

Regards,

Madison
W5MJ