Re: [WriteLog] 60 meters

To: w4wx@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 60 meters
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:27:43 EST

In a message dated 3/5/2007 5:09:53 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
w4wx@bellsouth.net writes:

How do I  get 60 meters included in the WriteLog DXPedition log??

I just got back  from Ascension Island where I made some Q's on 60 meters.
When I logged  them I got a number with the B following it... example:  001B.
(I  assume this means bad band or something) When I imported the log in DX4WIN
 they all were imported indicating 80 meters?

Bill, interesting question.

Here is what may work.  Go to your log window and click on FREQ.   This will
open up an edit box, and you can key in any frequency you want.   So, click in
5000 (5 mHz, 60 meters).  Click on OK, and 5000 will be shown  in the log as
your frequency.

It does not look like WL has any provision for 60m as a band.  But you  can
go to the BAND menu and manually enter 5000 as your frequency for logging
contacts.

Just what happens when you then export the WL log file into DX4WIN, I don't
know.  But you can easily do an import of a file with 5000 as the frequency
and find out.

GL,

73, George, K5KG
http://www.aol.com.