Re: [WriteLog] SOUND CARD WITH DELL LAPTOP

To: <scot@k9jy.com>, "'Robert Lutz'" <w2bzr@verizon.net>,"'WRITELOG REFLECTOR'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SOUND CARD WITH DELL LAPTOP
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 01:01:00 -0500
An "oldie but goodie" - if you can still find it - is the Creative
SoundBlaster MP3+.  It also scores 7F on the WriteLog SB check.
They are often available from the Creative "eBay Store" refurbished.

If you are going to get one of the mentioned USB sound cards ...
get one soon.  The SB MP3+ is discontinued, the Turtle Beach
Audio Advantage Roadie has been replaced by the Audio Advantage
SRM.  The SRM is not currently available so there is no test data
on it yet but the specifications indicate that it has analog mic
in, analog line in and line out on separate jacks.

The one negative about the SoundBlaster Live 24 USB that was
also suggested is the lack of simultaneous mic and line inputs
(plugging in the mic disconnects the line).  The lack of mic
and line inputs makes it difficult to record contest audio
while using the DVK and requires cable switching when going
between SSB and RTTY.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV