Re: [WriteLog] Using Writelog w/DigiKeyer FSK Port

To: "'Brian K.Short'" <k7on@wildblue.net>,"'WRITELOG REFLECTOR'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using Writelog w/DigiKeyer FSK Port
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:21:37 -0400
Brian,

Unfortunately, RTTYrite uncovered a problem with most USB
drivers and FSK.  That issue was resolved 10.59.

However, due to buffer issues in most USB virtual serial port
drivers (including the library used by microHAM) there is another
problem with FSK on USB ports (including the microHAM microKEYER
and Digikeyer).  Currently only the MMTTY plug-in works properly
with microKEYER and Digikeyer because it includes an option to
"pace" output data.  This will be resolved in a future version
of the microHAM software which will use a new/updated VSP engine
but that change is early in development and will probably not
be released before the major rewrite to support Vista sometime
this summer.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America