Re: [WriteLog] Ports

To: "'Mel Bach'" <mel.abachlll@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Ports
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:26:51 -0700
Sorry.  Just a guess.

I'm surprised to hear that a keyboard or mouse occupies a COM port.  But I've
never
owned an e-machines computer.  I think a number of modern motherboards have
chips that
support COM1 and COM2 on the motherboard but some fail to wire up COM2 to the
back of
the machine.

It would be easier if WriteLog offered access to other Com ports.  I can
configure at
least COM8-15 with my RocketPort card (an 8 serial port octopus) that wants 8
contiguous ports. It wants to be COM8-15, but none of my ham programs go up
that high.

Sorry my guess didn't help your situation.

73 de Dick, K6KR