[WriteLog] Disabling Network for log.

To: WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [WriteLog] Disabling Network for log.
From: <w6sa@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:56:41 -0400
Problem Resolved:

I tried removing the [NETWORK} section from Writelog.ini with no change.

I STOPPED both "Network DDE" and "Network DDE DSDM" Services and changed them
to DISABLED. Still requesting that a Network ID be chosen.

I thought the problem might be just with the General Logging Module so I saved
my Log in ADIF format and imported it to the "DX Logging module."  No Network
Prompts appeared.  Then I opened a ew "General Logging Module" and imported the
ADIF file into that.  No prompt regarding network.

Didn't know if Services had any effect or not but I see no reason to be running
them if I don't need them so I left them DISABLED.

The original log still prompts for Network ID so the network linkage must be
saved in the file some how. Saving the log in ADIF format and importing it to a
new log seems to resolve the issue.

Walt, W6SA