Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and IC7800 problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and IC7800 problem
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:20:14 -0500
> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:39:24 +0000
> From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and IC7800 problem
> To: Gary Senesac AL9A <al9a@mtaonline.net>
> Cc: WriteLog@contesting.com
>
> I solved the problem.  Baud rate was set to AUTO by default in both WL
> and the 7800.  When I changed both to 9600, it worked.  I had already
> defined the ports.
> 73,
> Barry

Barry,

I 2nd the same problem with the Pro3.  I think I traced the problem with
autobaud on the rig with using one program with one rate first, then a
second program with a different rate second.  The logging program didn't
offer autobaud, so it was set at 19.2k.  Once the rig negotiated that, you'd
have to power it down and then start Writelog.  I did the same thing you
did, just set it to a static 19.2k, then set DXLab and Writelog to static
rates, good to go.

Charlie
Ki5xp