Re: [WriteLog] %z in CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] %z in CW
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:52:05 -0500
> Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 10:01:19 -0400
> From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
> Subject: [WriteLog] %z in CW
> To: <writelog@contesting.com>
>
> Just doesn't work on CW - hopefully on Wayne's fix list..
> Hal, N4GG

Hal,

No problem with setting Pat up to use it at W5WMU on CW.  Now, I do notice a
few quirks.  For starters, Pat is running 1 rig per computer, 2 computers.
So the entry is %ZA1 or %ZB1.  After the initial register network
connections and Link Network, it doesn't work, takes about 30 seconds after
linking the logs, before it starts to work ok.

I don't know whats special, but I've never had a problem with it working in
CW.  Could be that you need to make sure that you've designated the rigs
under the Number of Rigs, and make sure that you designate one Left and one
Right, so that it tells every part of the program that youre running 2 rigs
on one comp? Kinda hard to believe that the networked command works better
then the one computer scenario.

I didn't have problems with it on RTTY either.  Works fine there also.
Also, a note to the group, I second the discussion in the CQ-Contest about
LPT1 and CW.  No problems with DirectIO and parallel port CW on two AMD
Ahtlon pc's running Win2000 and Writelog.

Charlie
Ki5xp