Re: [WriteLog] Missing DLL

To: Nicholas Roy Smith <nicksmith@citlink.net>,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Missing DLL
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:12:46 +0000
Nicholas Roy Smith wrote:

I have tried installing WL on another computer with XP Pro and keep
getting a missing dll. I have searched the postings and see that the
same thing has happened to others but I can't find the fix. I
installed WL on my main computer (XP) with no problem. I am trying
full install of ver .63 ..This version XP has not been upgraded, I did
see a mention of installing SP2..does anyone have suggestions or a
fix.
Well, this may be a shot in the dark, but if the missing file is
hal.dll, you can find the cure at:

http://wwwkellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

or

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#hal

The second URL suggests the problem might be in the boot.ini file.

73
Ed