[WriteLog] SB voice keying and PTT

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] SB voice keying and PTT
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:27:02 +0000
Here's the problem...
I'm setting up my laptop with my IC7800 for use with WL in CQWW SSB.
I'm feeding the sound card audio in via pin 4 of ACC1 for sound card
voice keying.  This input does not activate VOX.  So, I want to use PTT
when sound card audio is present.  How do I accomplish this?
If I use the CW/RTTY COM port, which works fine in those modes, it keys
down all the time, whether sound card audio is active or not.
Tnx,
Barry

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA