Re: [WriteLog] IC-756PRO3 can't split

To: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>,"WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC-756PRO3 can't split
From: "Gerald Wilson" <gtwilson@integrity.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 06:15:22 -0000
Hi Gary  AL9A and others,

Thanks for the Q's in both the CW and phone SS tests.

Regarding the RIT/tuning problem of other stations, I can't explain it these
folks who call  and are almost unintelligible; but I suspect they have used
their RIT (or XIT ?) control somewhere else on the band and have forgotten
to cancel it.  They are therefore transmitting on a different frequency when
they think they have us tuned in properly.  I also had a couple of great
examples of this mis-tuning during the SS phone test.

Regarding the halting behavior of some of the IC-756 Pro class rigs with
WriteLog, the advice given to up the baud rate will help.  Another helpful
feature is to reduce the software's rig polling rate.  See the help files
for implimenting this and the archives for more history.  I don't know
what's happening on the CIV bus to cause these delays or unresponsiveness.
I don't experience this with the DXLab Suite for general non-contest,
DX-logging/rig control.  In my "WRITELOG.INI" file, under the
[Configuration] section, I have set my polling rate as follows:

RigPollInterval=1000

I had improved performance at 500 and just went on up to 1000.  This makes
any issue manageable for me.

Yes, there are some missing commands from the ICOM instruction set.  I have
heard that other manufacturers also have issues with certain aspects of
their computer interfaces.

I can tell you I sure like running my rig (a Pro 2) with a MicroHam
MicroKeyer interface and WriteLog.

73,

   Jerry    K7VIT