[WriteLog] WriteLog, MMTTY plug-in, MK2R+, Carrier only on transmit

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog, MMTTY plug-in, MK2R+, Carrier only on transmit
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:45:43 -0800
I'm trying (for the first time) to get Writelog, MMTTY, the MMTTY plug-in
and an MK2R+ running for a few QSOs before the ARRL RU ends.

I can receive RTTY fine.

I'm sending carrier only.

When I have Writelog shut down, the microHAM router  Ports tab, FSK says
"COM 6" and the PTT checkbox is checked.  When I click Test and listen on
another receiver, I can hear FSK.  I believe therefore that my MK2R is
keying the rig (PTT) and shifting frequency (FSK).

The radio is an IC-7800 in RTTY mode.

When I fire up WriteLog 10.42D and configure the ports, I have selected COM6
in the RTTYrite window and have checked Software generated FSK DTR.

Under RTTYrite TU type (MMTTY) MMTTY settings, Misc tab, the Tx port shows
COM -Txd (FSK) selected, but it's greyed out.  AA5LU's very nice tutorial
tells me that this is an indication that a port has not been selected.  But
I think I have selected the Port in the Rttyrite window, it's COM6.

Obviously I'm missing a step.  Can anyone suggest a way to get TX FSK
working?

TU & 73 de Dick, K6KR