Re: [WriteLog] Xmit problem on 80 mtrs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Xmit problem on 80 mtrs
From: Bob Jensen - aa7fk <aa7fk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:02:12 -0800
Al K0AD and Mark WA9IVH,

THANKS for your prompt replies .. and I think you solved my problem.  When I
read your responses then tried the module into a dummy load .. no problem, the
xmit unkeyed as it should.  So something must be amiss at the antenna.  And of
course it is very wet here :-).

Thank you so much for your insight, don't know why I didn't consider RF .. but
you know blind spots show up :-).

Hope to catch ya both on the air soon.

73 & HNY

Bob AA7FK> From: Aldewey@aol.com> Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:19:01 -0500> To:
writelog@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Xmit problem on 80 mtrs> > >
In a message dated 1/6/2008 8:14:16 P.M. Central Standard Time, >
aa7fk@hotmail.com writes:> > After the contest I checkout other modules with 80
mtrs and all exhibited > the same problem.> Set up here is Icom 756PRO3, WL
with MMTTY plug-in (which by the way when I > just use the stand alone MMTTY
program the 80 mtr problem does NOT present > itself, only within WL) and the
interface is RigBlasster Plus.> > Any ideas to chase down? Anyone experience
that problem now or in the past?> > Appreciate your help.> > Thanks.> > Bob
AA7FK> > > > Bob;> > Are you absolutely sure this is not RF? I had the exact
same problem on 20 > meters when I pointed my beam in a specific direction.
When I turned off the > amp, or turned the beam in another direction, the
problem went away. Might > you have RF on 80 that you don't have on the other
bands?> > 73,> > Al, K0AD> > > > **************Start the year off right. Easy
ways to stay in shape. >
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>