[WriteLog] Using the FT2000 on RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using the FT2000 on RTTY
From: "Grant Bright" <gbright@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:51:55 -0500
Hi All,

I enjoyed working several WL regulars in the RU. 15m was pretty amazing to
me...it was open and stayed open until about 2200z here in Atlanta.

The FT1000D performed OK with its INRAD filter, and NB mod, but I want to
get a spectral display and DSP.

How is the FT2000 with the optional preselectors working on RTTY?

On paper, this rig looks good. From what I have heard so far, adding the
preselectors and the digital display seem to make it a neat rig.

Looking at my log, I often have two stations listed per KHz....and that is
not really crowded, like 40m on Saturday night.

Big question is "How does the FT2000 perform in the crowd--trying to work an
S3 station, 500 Hz from an S9???

Please feel free to respond directly to gbright@bellsouth.net  es tnx.

Many thanks for your comments!

73s,