[WriteLog] LAPTOP INSTALLATION

To: "witelog group" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LAPTOP INSTALLATION
From: "ve2lx" <ve2lx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:37:30 -0500
I want to hookup my laptop ( TOSHIBA SATELLITE  ) to my pro3.
On actual laptops there is no serial port and on mine there is 4 USB (two at
the back and 2 on the wrigth side).
I bought an SIIG USB to 2 serial ports interface box adaptor.

SIIG software Installation work correctly and on laptop startup it switch
on/off rigbalster box but for the moment it does'nt send the (voice) macros but
the PTT is held for the length of the macro.

I feed radio spkr out to laptop MIKE-IN
I  ''     laptop ( lower ) USB com port (at the laptop back which to SIIG USB /
SERIAL adaptor box.
I  ''     SIIG com 2 to RIGBLASTER box and to pro 3 microphone front connector.
I  ''     SIIG com 1 to ICOM CT-17 interface to PRO 3 rs-232 output and now it
sees the radio freq and bands.

with my laptop installation, I am at the point where
1...TX & RX works on RTTY
2...TX & RX works on CW
3...on SSB
4...my commslot ( CommSlot4=7 ) is ok because I have PTT
5...but no VOICE during PTT.
6..macros  location works because on some macros well written it PTT &
stop automatically after the macro length and none well identified ones answer
an error (macros locationnot
found ) so it works.
7...in control panel I choose earphone or laptop spkr but no difference for the
audio out from earphone or spkr of the laptop.
8...my impression it is only that on SSB for an unknown reason the audio
does'nt go out from audio output on the latptop front audio
 connector,in control panel I choose different type of sprkr but nothing.
9...I ear my macros voice in laptop spkr if I disconnect the cable in
 earphone or spkr output connector of the laptop.
10... for a verification in SSB TX I look if there is ALC SIGNAL or audio out
 but not.

>From the laptop installation beginning to now I been helped by VA3PC PAUL &
>W0ROA DICK & W5DG DENNIS.

Is there someone familiar with LAPTOP installation and softwares
compatibilities that could help me

Gilles   VE2LX
ve2lx@sympatico.ca