Re: [WriteLog] CTY-1801 Contest Country Files - 12 February 2008

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CTY-1801 Contest Country Files - 12 February 2008
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:38:38 -0900
Just tried to download the latest wl_cty.dat file and am having a problem.
I'm running Vista 32 as administrator.  When I click on the wl_cty.dat file
it opens in IE - it never did that under XP.  I backed up and right clicked
the file and selected 'Save Target As...' then browsed to C:\Program
Files\WriteLog\Programs and clicked Save.  Got a warning message that
wl_cty.dat already exists, replace?  I say Yes and it starts to download and
then immediately aborts.  When I look at the wl_cty.dat file in my Programs
folder it is dated 11/25/2006.

I then start WL and select File/Download from web.  I realize this may not
be the latest file, but it should be newer than 11/25/2006.  After
downloading from the WL web site the wl_cty.dat file still says 11/25/2006!
I've never had a problem with this before under any previous version of
Windows.  What's the problem and how do I fix it?

73,
Gary AL9A