Re: [WriteLog] IC 726

To: "kenny coen" <ab8xg@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC 726
From: "Mohamed Kharbouche" <cn8kd.mohamed@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:08:26 +0000
Hi Kenny,

I want to try to help you to get your IC-726 runnnig with WriteLog.
I have also an Icom it's  the IC-728 and there are small differencies. But I
think for the control of the rig by the software they seems to be similars.
After reading the IC-726 manual you must try to the following:
(considering  your C-IV interface address  is the default one which is 30H
)
1- edit your writelog.ini file with any text editor
2- Go to [Rig] section , if you don't find it you must create it.
3-Write the following line in this section:
  Icom IC-725=0x30
4- Save the writelog.ini file
5- the section will looks like :

*[Rig]

Icom IC-725=0x30
*

After that,  start writelog and go to "Setup menu" and Ports.

choose your port and and in "Rig Type" drop down menu chose Icom 725.

Fix the baud rate to 1200, check "Poll", Comm PTT "NO".

I hope you will get it ok . If you need more help just send me an e-mail.

Best 73's de Mohamed, CN8KD / 5C5W