Re: [WriteLog] PTT Lockup on WL

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PTT Lockup on WL
From: Ken-W9KB <kbills@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
I have just finished a long battle configuring my new Navigator interface with
MMTTY and WL software. First, I must say the WL port configuration process is
obtuse and difficult at best vis-a-vis N1MM. After trying every possible
configuration with my port setups, I found this setup to work, although I am
not sure why it works.

First, I setup following Navigator (virtual) com ports:

com4=PTT control
com5=CAT control
com6=WinKey control (Navigator internal controller)
com7=FSK control

Next I struggled to get MMTTY to work in standalone mode. I found the only way
it would run correctly was to use com4 configured using EXTFSK option with
COMFSK plug-in installed. This allow me to configure com4 to control PTT and
communicate with my Pro3 properly. I tried every possible combination with
EXTFSK to get com7 (FSK) port to work and failed. I closed MMTTY standalone
application configured with com4 selected.

Next I opened WL with com ports set as described above (more details upon
request). Next, opened the rttyrite window selected com7 and BINGO... the
application would sent RTTY depending upon Pro3 state. CW mode always worked
and was fairly easy to setup. I had to select WinKeyer option and deselect PTT
control (QSK) under CW PTT control sub-menu.

Now that the difficult work is behind me, I must learn the structure and use of
WL. For instance, I find the F1-F11 keys with RTTY macros that include %r de
W9KB W9KB %e when used in CW mode sent included RTTY syntax %r and %e etc..
Must be an easy way to store macros for either CW or RTTY which I have yet to
discover.

I have more work ahead, however, I hope this experience might help others
struggling with non-standard interfaces issues.

73
Ken-W9KB