Re: [WriteLog] Rotor Control Suggestion

To: rick@tavan.com, WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rotor Control Suggestion
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:03:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2008 2:01:50 A.M. GMT Standard Time, rick@tavan.com
writes:

WriteLog@contesting.com

Me believes auto rotor controls are a waste of time for contesting and a  lot
of wear and tear on a rotor.
  Ain't telling you what to do BUT from Michigan for dx contests I  point my
beam to 45% (Europe) in the morning and by noon at 90 a little  later to 180
(south America) then to Ja's later in the day.
The thing is if you can hear them call, you should be able to work them no
matter where the Ant is pointed. and no, I don't have stacked 6's
  Yeh! but I need that rare one for a multiplier, Well he'll be around  later
in the contest,and then you will be able to one call him instead of  knocking
heads with the hotdogs running two rigs.and another op just for  multiplier's.
ED

ED

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.