Re: [WriteLog] FT-857D CAT interface freq display bad with USB/Serial ad

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT-857D CAT interface freq display bad with USB/Serial adapte
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:55:34 -0000
>I tried having Writelog 10.67B talk to my FT-857D via the standard
>CAT/Serial cable and a USB/Serial adapter (since the Windows XP laptop I
>want to use has no real serial ports.)  Communication is clearly
>"almost" working; I can change bands, etc. from WriteLog.  However,

I suspect what might be happening here is that the Windows driver for your
USB/Serial adapter supports the number of stop bits, data bits, and parity
slightly differently than the driver for built-in comm ports. You can use
WRITELOG.INI to overide the settings WriteLog sends to the driver when it
uses that port. Here is the setting I would try first:

[RIGS]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,

Instead of COM1: use the number of the COM port for your rig. The "9600" in
this setting is ignored by WriteLog, but the "n,8,1" are all honored.

If "n,8,1" doesn't work, then try "n,8,2".

Wayne, W5XD