[WriteLog] WL and Networking

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL and Networking
From: Phil Theis <phil@k3tuf.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:38:13 -0400
We've seen a lot about issues with WL, but I thought I'd take the
opportunity to report our success in the just past June contest.
We ran in a mountain top environment from Friday evening till early
Monday morning and the WL network was flawless.  There was not one
hiccup or glitch.
The score totals were always correct and we were able to take advantage
of some of the more advanced features, such as changing operator and
customizing the voice files to each.  We then learned of all the other
advantages of using the operator feature, like intelligent Gab and being
able to go back to the operator that made the contact if there was a
question.
We were very pleased.  There is no turning back for us.
Phil K3TUF for the Packrats, W3CCX on Camelback Mtn, PA