Re: [WriteLog] cool new upgrade!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] cool new upgrade!
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:35:28 -0500
Hey Steve, now I have a K3, and I have a WKUSB, and I'm using Writelog.  So
again, refresh what the problem is with PTT being exerted on the ports?

I've configured Writelog to use Comm PTT on com4, comslot 4, I've configured
WKUSB on Com2, comslot2 Winkeyer is selected, Windows Soundboard is selected
for DVK. My Yaesu G-2800DXA is on com1, and it works fine.

When I'm in a CW contest, and the rig is in CW, WL keys the Wkusb, which in
turn keys the radio.  Both Full and semi breakin work, based upon the QSK
setting on the rig.  Touching the paddle interrupts the keying being sent
from the radio.

Selecting a SSB contest, putting the radio into SSB mode and pressing F1-F9
plays the associated wave file, assuming its been created, as well as keys
the rig.

Bandmap seems to work fine, tracks the frequency.

What other com ports are you using for what modes, and what problems are
they having, and how is the DTR/RTS problem affecting you?  Is it just for
other peripherals beyond the 4 defined in the program, or is it because
you're not using a computer command based PTT in other programs, therefore
you need real mode ptt from a com port in WL?

Again, I'm in the dark.

Charlie
KI5XP