Re: [WriteLog] Feature request

To: "'k8dd'" <hank.kohl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Feature request
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:24:44 -0000
Hello Hank - Nice to see you in the airport on the way back from ARRL DX
CW last year.  Here is what we have done at our operations at PJ4O,
PJ4R, TI5N, etc:

We do not use the "+" key, and always have "enter sends exch/QRZ"
checked.  That way you can run the entire contest just hitting "enter."
Enter sends CQ, then "enter" sends: "TU PJ4O."  This causes ID after
every QSO.  Like you we really DO NOT LIKE DX-side stations that don't
ID frequently and actually believe it hurts the rate over the long haul.
OTOH, ID every time is not necessary, particularly when the rate meter
is above 150, so we just truncate the TU message with the escape key to
suppress the ID when we don't want/need it.  You can do the same if you
are using "+."

Having the ID as the default seems good...easily suppressing it seems
good too - works for us.
Hal, N4GG