Re: [WriteLog] %B in SSB Mode

To: "John Desmond" <jdesmon@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] %B in SSB Mode
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:41:16 -0800
Hi John,

I did find in some old printed documentation from K9JY's web site that a
single %B performs a dupe check and maps the call to the band map.  Must
have missed that one years ago as I've never tried it.  Will do so soon.

I've used the bracketing of %B's for sometime and it works.  For example, %C
%Byou're a dupe om! %B 5901 works as follows:

If the call in not a dupe, WL skips all the stuff between the %B's and sends
the station's call followed by the exchange report.
If the call is a dupe, WL sends the station's call followed by the dupe
message between the %B's.  The exchange report is not sent.

Just discovered another handy thing about the MapCallOnSpace=1 command.
I've used it for sometime and if I couldn't break the pile up, or it was a
dupe, I hit Alt-W to wipe the call out of the entry form.  I also use
another command in my writelog.ini file in the [Entry] block,
AutoClearOnTuneMinHz=n, that clears the call in the CALL field when the VFO
is tuned n Hz away from the current freq.  Didn't realize until this contest
that this command will clear the CALL field for me after mapping the call to
the band map by just turning the VFO knob.  Saves the trouble of hitting the
Alt-W combo all the time.  Live and learn!