[WriteLog] Garbled CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Garbled CW
From: "Mike Mullen" <mimullen@hbci.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:13:32 -0600
For 2008 Sweepstakes CW I was using Write Log version 10.68F, a new computer
running Windows XP, keying through the com port.  At times when he contest
exchange was being sent  out the cw became garbled.  I hit the esc key to
cancel the buffer, then hit the key to send the buffer again and it was fine
until it happened again.  This seemed to happen at random, and happened
several times.  After the contest I sent the exchange buffer over and over
just keying the sidetone oscillator in the rig.  No transmitter involved.
The garbled cw still happened.  I saw postings from a couple other
Sweepstakes contestants that had the same trouble.

Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, 73 Mike N0BUI  mimullen@hbci.com