[WriteLog] Audio input port switching incorrectly

To: "writelog reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Audio input port switching incorrectly
From: "Alan Marshall" <acm@ultranet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:08:24 -0500
All,

I am having problems with writelog in my laptop.  The audio input port on
the laptop switches from "microphone" to "line" when using a packet spot
from either the spot window or from the bandmap.  The problem is that the
laptop only has a single input port and it is "microphone" and not "line".
So I lose the audio input every time I chose a spot.

It is very time consuming to reset the ports during a contest for every
spot.

I have searched through the archives on K9JY and can't find any way to fix
this.  Has anyone else ever seen this?  I am using the 10.54C version which
is the latest full upgrade I have.

Any suggestions?

    -Alan, W1CCE