Re: [WriteLog] TS-570DG do I need an interface box for CW

To: w5xd@writelog.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] TS-570DG do I need an interface box for CW
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:25:22 -0800 (PST)
The TS570 has a built in ASCII to Morse converter.  If you
control the '570 with, for example, TRX Manager, you can
type text into a window and TRX Manager will send it as
ASCII over RS232 to the '570, which will convert it to CW.
This is like having Winkey built in.

It doesn't sound like Writelog supports this feature.  I
guess you'll have to use an external Winkey type device,
of which there are numerous examples.

Rick N6RK