Re: [WriteLog] CW gibberish

To: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW gibberish
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:18:50 -0500
Barry wrote:
> After operating the contest for about 30 minutes, I remembered why I
> used N1MM last year - every now and then, with no discernable pattern,
> the CW output turns into gibberish.  I'm using a Dell laptop (WinXP, 1
> gig RAM) with 2 USB to serial adapters - one for the radio control and
> one for CW.  It works fine with N1MM and is not due to RFI as it occurs
> even when not transmitting on the air.  Any ideas?
> Tnx,
> Barry W2UP

I had the same thing happen and I don't think it has anything to do with
what else is running.  I have a dual core desktop with PCI serial ports,
no USB and tons of ferrite.  Hitting <ESC> to abort and then hit the
<Fn> key to resend seemed the best way out of it.  Maybe time to invest
in a WinKeyer chip.

Mike, W1NR