Re: [WriteLog] Upgrade to 10.69D - for Vista users

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Upgrade to 10.69D - for Vista users
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:37:44 -0600
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:29:17 -0900
> From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
> Subject: [WriteLog] Upgrade to 10.69D - for Vista users
>
> Ron's instructions were to edit the wlogkey.ini file to modify the
> registration code in the [Configuration] section.  His instructions say to
> "...click START, click Run, type wlogkey.ini click ok."  First problem
under
> Vista is to find Run!  For some unknown reason MS moved the Run box in
Vista
> to Start/Accessories/Run.  Once I found Run the wlogkey.ini file opened in
> Notepad and I edited the registration code as instructed.  Next problem
was
> when I tried to save the edited file.  Notepad generated an error message:
> "Cannot create the C:\Windows\wlogkey.ini file.  Make sure that the path
and
> file name are correct."  I immediately felt this was a Vista caused
problem
> and I was correct.

Gary, in Vista the "run" utility is the box immediately available right
above the start button once its clicked.  That little white box at the very
bottom of the menu is the run box. Just type your command there (cmd,
msconfig, wlogkey.ini, etc) :)

Turning off UAC is the first thing I do on every Vista machine now.

Charlie
KI5XP