Re: [RTTY] MMTTY engine with WriteLog and stereo soundcard

To: <ke1fo@arrl.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY engine with WriteLog and stereo soundcard
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:02:16 -0500

> All of the clear documentation on using the MMTTY engine
> shows that it is necessary to have 2 soundcards,

Not necessary at all ...

1) Install two copies of MMTTY in two separate directories.

2) Start WriteLog, select radio -> number of radios -> 2

3) select the first radio, click on Radio -> This window is
   Radio left

4) Select Window -> RTTY Window -> TU type -> MMTTY
   (you will be prompted for the path to MMTTY the first time
   you do this - select the first installation of MMTTY)

5) Select TU type -> TNC Setup -> MMTTY Settings

6) go to the Misc Tab, select your sound card (Device ID),
   set the SOURCE to LEFT and click "OK"

7) Select the RIGHT (other) radio

8) Select Window -> RTTY Window -> TU type -> MMTTY
   (you will again be prompted for the path to MMTTY -
   select the SECOND installation of MMTTY)

9) Select TU type -> TNC Setup -> MMTTY Settings

10) go to the Misc Tab, select your sound card (Device ID),
    set the SOURCE to RIGHT and click "OK"

I'm not sure if this information is on AA5AU's web site
since his SO2R configuration uses two computers.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV