Re: [WriteLog] keyboard

To: "Courtney Judd K4WI" <k4wi@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] keyboard
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@longlines.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 21:00:50 -0600
I guess I should add that I do use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on
the desktop and for all contests. I do not run high power and have
never had any problems that I can attribute to the wireless. Only
weak batteries.

At 09:39 AM 1/1/2009, Jim Rhodes wrote:

>I have a touchpad on the laptop and use it when I am too lazy to get
>out the wireless mouse, or am working where there is no surface
>available to run a mouse over. I never could get used to the
>trackball I tried. So this is not a direct comparison. The touchpad
>required an adjustment period before I felt comfortable with it. I
>still feel less accurate with it and once in a while I will still
>bump it with a trailing finger and jump the cursor halfway across the
>screen. I have never felt comfortable enough with it to use it during
>a contest. YMMV
>
>At 07:52 AM 1/1/2009, Courtney Judd K4WI wrote:
> >Hi all,and HNY! I am looking for some advice on keyboards. I am thinking
> >about purchasing a wireless keyboard with built in trackball. I have found
> >several on the internet...most made by Adesso...some with trackball; others
> >with touchpad. I currently use a trackball;  prefer it over a standard
> >mouse. How does a touchpad work? Am I going to like going to a built in
> >all-in-one for contesting and general logging with Writelog and/or DX4WIN?
> >Any comments or suggestions welcomed! 73's Cort K4WI

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.