Re: [WriteLog] Rigblaster

To: "Robert P. Ward" <wardbnj@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rigblaster
From: Andrei Stchislenok <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:20:41 -0500
Bob,

I am mostly RTTY operator and I was using Rascal interfaces - they do the
job-RTTY and CW.
I bought USB to serial adaptor and had two serial ports. It works, not
expensive and easy to set up.

Recently, I purchased Microham Keyer II and now in process of studying how
to use this device.
I must say it is not easy, but this box does not need any serial ports, it
can do for you dozens of virtual comm ports for all what you need. And you
can safe all configurations for many different programms. But again, not so
easy to learn how to operate with this stuff.

I made it work RTTY and CW relatively easy but for SSB... It works, finally.

Good luck!

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

2009/1/26 Robert P. Ward <wardbnj@comcast.net>

> Hi List
>
>                I am looking for a "best" way to replace a serial port
> notebook computer
>
> with a newer USB computer. Will a Rigblaster do the job, if so what model?
> Not
>
> sure if Writelog will operate properly with it. I am more interested in
> using it for
>
> RTTY operation. Thanks for the groups patience in this info request.
>

>                                Bob   NQ3N

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D