Re: [WriteLog] Win98 to XP?

To: "'Daniel VE2SB'" <ve2sb@amsat.org>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Win98 to XP?
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:02:07 -0600
Howdy Daniel,

I made this transition this past summer when a lightning strike killed my
WIN 98 machine. I bought a WIN XP machine.  Everything went fine in the
transition except the XP computer won't send decent CW. I bought a MicroHam
CW Keyer and the problem was solved. One nice side benefit of the MicroHam
keyer is that it will allow the computer generated CW to be sent at the same
speed as the CW generated when you send with your key. It also allows you to
make adjustments on the dit/dah spacing etc. If you just work phone this is
not a problem for you.

Bill W5VX