Re: [WriteLog] Two sound cards and MMTTY

To: "Nicholas Roy Smith" <nicksmith@citlink.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Two sound cards and MMTTY
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 05:38:34 -0000
Hi Nick,

Why TWO sound cards? For so2r, just one card, with left
radio on the left channel and right radio on the right
channel, is all that is needed, unless you are running
Win98. However, the latest version of mmtty lets you select
which sound card you want to use, so I guess you could
select a different card for the left and right side.

As far as telling the left side to use one directory and the
right side the other, I would suggest renaming the two mmtty
directories. Then start writelog and set up one side at a
time. When you try to start mmtty on the left side, you will
get a message like "can't find the mmtty directory" (because
you renamed it). Then a little window pops up where you can
browse to the proper directory.

After you get the left side set up, then you can set up the
right side in a similar manner. After all is set up, save
config and you should be good to go right out of the box
next time you start writelog.

73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ