Re: [WriteLog] Names WriteLog Doesn't Like?

To: "'Writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Names WriteLog Doesn't Like?
From: "Gerald Wilson" <gtwilson@integrity.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 02:17:29 -0000
There were several smiles in this NAQP RTTY test, I think.  I had the LOU
problem like others.  I appreciated AL in Alabama who sent "AL IN AL."   A
big laugh.  Then there was the Illinois station whose exchange was sent
"IL." with that period at the end.  WriteLog dutifully placed the "."
(period) in my state field and would not go further until I edited it.
Another exchange which I busted without a proper state entry, went into the
log no-problemo!   What's with that???

Not my favorite exchange of the contest, but one that somewhat amused me was
the VE station whose call ended with an "O"  (Oh).  I have selected a
Zero-Slash font and watched the following on my screen:  When he CQ-ed from
the buffer/macro, he sent his call correctly.  When he finished the contact,
he sent his call from the buffer/macro ending it with a "0" (Zero).  I stuck
around to confirm he kept on doing it.  I wondered how many might get caught
by clicking on the Confirm/QRZ msg-trap.

Some of the examples cited in this thread were almost too creative.   Do
over competitive people try to take out the opponent with "gotcha
exchanges?"

Now if we could just do something about propagation.

73,

   Jerry    K7VIT ....... [or is it   K7V1T]