Re: [WriteLog] Possible Upgrade

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Possible Upgrade
From: Phil Duff & Ann Duff <na4m@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:23:18 +0000
Bill Parry wrote:
> I often get on during SSB contests looking for new band-countries. Because I
> am only looking for band-countries, I don't use my contest program,
> Writelog, and instead just use DXBase. I sure miss the capability of the
> "band map" that is available in Writelog though.
>
> Not being a person that knows much about computers, I wonder how difficult
> it would be to add a band-map to DXBase so that new countries per band would
> show like they do in the contest program.

Bill -
I switched from DXbase to the DXLab suite of daily logging s/w a number of
years ago - maybe newer DXbase releases have band-mapping but I don't recall
that function in the DXb versions I ran.

If no current band map support is available in DXb I would think the best
solution is to use WriteLog logging during the contest to get the band mapping.
 When finished with the contest use the WriteLog log export capability to
generate a log file for importing into DXbase.

Unfortunately I can't remember what log import capabilities DXbase may support
but surely it can import a log file in a format that WL can export.

73 Phil NA4M

--

Phil Duff NA4M & Ann Duff