Re: [WriteLog] Writelog + Netbooks

To: <john@hoaglun.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog + Netbooks
From: "Michael Baker" <k7ddmjb@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:34:00 -0700
Hi John,

Funny you should ask that question.
I am just about to order the latest update for Writelog and install it on my
NEW ASUS 1000HE Netbook.  Nice computer. I pulled the single stick of 1Gig
and replaced it with a 2Gig stick, a plastic screen protector sheet (lesson
learned from my digital camera, don't use one without a protector sheet!)
and a very nice aftermarket memory foam/neoprene padded case. Got it off
AMAZON with overnight shipping for about $500.
I LOVE this little devil.  It should work great for portable contesting,
Field Day, Rover VHF, QRP events, etc.  The plug in charger is 12VDC at 3A
max. On batteries it will run between 8 and 9 hours! So a medium sized
35AHR) gel cell should run the computer, keyers, lights (LED) and QRP radio
(IC703+) for an entire FD weekend!
Check it out, I don't think you will be unhappy with it. Fairly scarce
retail at the moment so a web purchase is almost required. It is just too
new.

Best 72, 73.

Michael Baker  K7DD
k7ddmjb@qwest.net