Re: [WriteLog] IARU Robot rejecting log.

To: Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IARU Robot rejecting log.
From: John Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:24:32 -0400
On Jul 12, 2009, at 00:58 , Charles Miller wrote:

> Add the following line to your header:
>
> ARRL-SECTION: MN

Your way will probably work, but note that the robot asked for
LOCATION:, followed by pointing you to the location of a list of valid
ARRL Section abbreviations. I corrected my entry by adding the
LOCATION: tag with my section (OH) and the robot happily took it.

> Also, I don't believe 'OVER-50' is a valid Category-Overlay
> in this contest. The robot doesn't care, however.
>
> 73, Chuck N6KW
>
> K0HB wrote:
>> The IARUHF Robot is rejecting my log, with this error:
>>
>> -----
>> ***** Error Messages from the Contest Robot *****
>>
>> [X] LOCATION:
>> '' is not a valid ARRL section.  Please see the list of valid
>> section abbreviations at http://www.arrl.org/contests/sections.abv.html
>> .  DX stations use 'DX'.
>> -----
>>
>> Yes, I listed Minnesota as my location in the CABRILLO generator
>> drop-down, but it doesn't show up in the log header.

Actually, your location should have been "MN". I entered "Ohio" in
mine. Maybe that was our problem?

Less than a minute with a text editor and all is well.

No harm, no foul.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com