[WriteLog] Mouse Frequency adjustment with FT-1000MP MKV not working

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Mouse Frequency adjustment with FT-1000MP MKV not working
From: <w6sa@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:20:42 -0700
I have exhausted all links on the forum and through Google referring to my
issue.  I cannot get the mouse to adjust frequency in Writelog but it works
fine in HRD.

I have not even bothered to setup anything in HRD and the mouse works fine.  I
don't want to have to use HRD as I prefer Writelog.

I have tried all the possible combinations of the setting under CONFIGURATION:
MOUSE_WHEEL_HZ=200, mouse_wheel_hz=200, Mouse_Wheel_Hz=200 without any signs of
life.  I have seen other settings where this has been an issue.  Doesn't make
any difference.

Occasionally the frequency will jump after I have tried spinning the wheel for
some time and I have noticed that when I advance the wheel my CAT indication
goes away for a bit before coming back.  I seem to be affecting the connection
to the rig.

I have seen one post where the speed setting was shown as 3D500 and I have not
tried this as yet.  I have seen no other reference to a setting in that format.

I am using version 10.72e and I am keeping the mouse in the QSO Entry fields as
has been indicated as the only way this will work.  I have tried this with a
wireless mouse and have yet to try a wired mouse.

I use a trackball normally, which has no scrolling function that I am aware of.
 I do still have it hooked up to the computer and both are functioning
correctly independently of each other.

Could this be a mouse manufacturer dependent feature as I saw in one post?  I
may have an old Microsoft Mouse out in the garage that I can try as I read that
was the solution for one poster.

It scrolls so nicely on HRD with no apparent affect on the CAT connection to
the rig that it is very frustrating.  There has to be a way to get this to work.

Main reason I want this is because I recently discovered I could remote in from
work and work RTTY through Writelog.  I could only click on calls in the
bandmap and therefore could not get anyone who wasn't spotted.

I normally don't work on weekends but did this past weekend during the SARTG
contest.  Could only work a few stations but it was something to do between
calls here in the call center.

Didn't mean to turn this into a soliloquy.