Re: [WriteLog] Newbie Question!

To: "Donald E. Huff" <n7ymy@comcast.net>, "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Newbie Question!
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:20:40 -0000

From: "Donald E. Huff" <n7ymy@comcast.net>

> I am new to Writelog.  I have a laptop without
> a serial port than runs XP os and a TS 850.
> Can I still somehow operate rig control through
> only the sound card?  If I can, how do I hook it up?
> I'm mainly interested in CW and SSB control.
> Thank you.

I don't know of any way to do it through a sound card, but there are a
number of devices which work via USB ports.

I use a microKEYER-II made by microHAM (go
tohttp://www.microham-usa.com/Products/MKII.html ) which is a complete
interface, including rig control, voice and CW keyers, and other features.
Requires a single USB port off your computer, and works seamlessly with
WriteLog

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his Radio"