Re: [WriteLog] Makrothen: Scoring & No Color as well as Cluster Conundru

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Makrothen: Scoring & No Color as well as Cluster Conundrums
From: "Gerald Wilson" <gtwilson@k7vit.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:41:27 -0000
These complaints are two problem-symptoms out of a handful which get posted
each year about this time when the Makrothen RTTY contest occurs.  According
to the module author, revisions to the Makrothen module have been written.

I am unaware if those revisions have been released in newer versions, have
been posted on the WL website, or are available elsewhere such at a
third-party website.   I am also unaware if these symptoms are related only
to certain versions of WriteLog.  A review of the version 10 WriteLog
revision history shows that support for the Makrothen RTTY contest was added
to version 10.46 in February 2004, and an update was made in version 10.51
in November 2004.  My version of WL is much newer.  I have not been able to
find other version modifications or module updates dated/posted since then.

It might be helpful for users experiencing problems to include their version
numbers and the problems they experience.  And while it is not usually
helpful to have postings which say, "I don't see any of that here."---It
would be helpful to hear from reflector members who know for sure they have
solved these problems.  ...... OR ...... Alternatively, it would be helpful
to hear from folks who have a version of WL (and/or configuration) or a PC
system/equipment which performs so that some of these gremlins people have
referred to do not show up during a fun RTTY contest.

73,

  Jerry    K7VIT