[WriteLog] Band change problem

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Band change problem
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:35:56 -0800
During the CQWW DX contest I noticed a problem with WL V10.73D.  When I
instructed WL to change bands from 20M SSB to 40M SSB by typing a 40M
frequency in the Call field WL would instruct my IC-756PRO to change bands,
BUT on several occasions the mode was left set to USB instead of LSB.  It
didn't do it every time, but enough that it was annoying.  At first the
audio reception told me something was amiss and I noticed the radio was in
USB instead of LSB.  On one band change I didn't catch it and started
calling CQ and was shortly told that I was on the wrong side band.  Rig
control is via the Microkeyer II CI-V jack, but I've never noticed this
behavior before.  Any ideas?

73,
Gary AL9A