Re: [WriteLog] Radio info - MAYDAY!!!

To: Gary AL9A <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Radio info - MAYDAY!!!
From: Charles Miller <n6kw@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:16:13 +0000
You need to edit the CIV address in the radio to match the
closest model in the software. CIV address is a menu item in the
ICOM radios. I started using a PRO3 when WriteLog only listed
PRO2. I just set the CIV address in the radio for that specified
for PRO2 and it works fine. I actually have never changed it
back even though WriteLog now lists PRO3. You could probably use
the PRO3 address, since the 7600 is more like the PRO3 than the
7800 as far as features and behavior. Presumably the next update
of the software will accommodate the new rigs. I used this
method in WriteLog, N1MM, and DX Lab software.

Chuck N6KW