[WriteLog] Pesky Message

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Pesky Message
From: "JE Brown" <W4LC@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:16:52 -0500
I recently had to upgrade my shack PC.  Of course it has no serial ports.
So I am using USB to serial cables.  This is not working out with my KAM+
for rtty.

I have to do something else. So I set up for soundboard AFSK.  It seems to
working (but that remains to be tested in the next contest)  However,
whenever I initiate Writelog, this message appears:

"Can't set wave file recording to:"

What does this mean, and how can I stop it from appearing?

Also,  who has a ready-made interface that I could buy which would enable me
to run plug-and-play FSK with my TS850 using a com port and one of the USB
to serial cables?  The 850 also has a dedicated FSK keying jack, which I
assume must be used.

Are there any frequency issues, e.g. offsets which must be used on rcv/xmit
, when running AFSK?  Or does checking the "LSB is really FSK" box in the
Writelog setup menu take care of this?

Thanks

Jim   W4LC