[WriteLog] Re Pesky Message

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re Pesky Message
From: "JE Brown" <W4LC@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:46:39 -0500
I got the following message from Walt, W6SA about the "Can't set wave file
recording to:" message that I was getting when starting Writelog.

Had the same issue with Vista.

You need to add under configuration in the ini file, something similar to
this:

WaveFileLocation=C:\Users\Flesher\Documents\WriteLog\WaveFiles\

Then create the directory and the message will go away.

For Rtty I use MMTTY and choose the HAM settings which gives you the
standard offsets.  I now use FSK but still use the MMTTY program with the
Plug In for Writelog.

I don't recall whether the LSB is really FSK sets up the parameters for you
for AFSK.  I use the FSK keying Jack on my FT-1000 MP MKV through an
MFJ-1279 Radio Interface.  I have one just for CW keying which is a bit of
overkill but I didn't feel like going with the homebrew setup.

Hope someone else has answered with better info.

Walt, W6SA

This worked FB.  When I added it, and created the directory, the message
stopped.

Jim  W4LC