Re: [WriteLog] Problem with Writelog and MMTTY on Windows 7 64-bit

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with Writelog and MMTTY on Windows 7 64-bit
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:29:43 -0900
Jim,

I don't have Windows7, but do run MMTTY V1.66G with WL V10.73D with the
MMTTY plug in.  I think your problem may lie in where you are installing
things.  I have MMTTY installed in the root directory C:\ rather than in
Program Files.  This avoids the problem with the Virtual Store path with
User Account Control, which I hear Windows 7 also employs.  I do have WL
installed in Program Files and the WL plug in must also be installed to the
WL program folder in Program Files.  If the plug in is successful you should
find the file mmrtty.ocx in your WL Programs folder.  I think this is what
makes MMTTY show up in the TU pull down menu.  You then point it to your
MMTTY installation.  Hope this helps.

73,
Gary AL9A