[WriteLog] Winkey and Writelog Issues

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Winkey and Writelog Issues
From: "John Warburton G4IRN" <qrz@dxdx.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:21:05 -0000
All

Please excuse me if these issues have come up on the reflector before, I have
tried to dig them out without any success.

I am using a Microkeyer II unit with Writelog version 10.74 and get the
following issues when running CW. I friend of mine has tried this with a
vanilla K1EL Winkey unit and come up with similar results.

1. If a enter a partial call, press the exchange key and then carry on typing
the call, the final part of the call is not always picked up in the outgoing
message. There seems to be a point in the outgoing message where new characters
cannot be picked up, even if it hasn't got to the end of sending the original
typed characters.

2. If I send some message on the paddle, immediately followed by an F key (for
example I send 73 TU followed by the F key with callsign message) then the F
key is not always recognised, unless I leave a deliberate pause after my paddle
generated message. Not much fun doing that in the heat of a contest.

3. Occasionally, I won't wait quite long enough for the required pause for the
F key to send and it will send just part of the message buffer (but if I don't
wait at all, then it sends nothing).

I'm wondering if I have some parameters set up incorrectly? Everything is set
at default at the moment. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

John G4IRN.