[WriteLog] Dual Notebook Sound Device Question

To: <w5xd@writelog.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dual Notebook Sound Device Question
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:59:40 -0800
I have a notebook with a 6f onboard sound card, so I can't use it with the
mic AND F key DVK transmission at the same time. I bought a USB audio
adapter that I thought would solve the problem, as it gives a 2nd mic input
and headphone output. However, I am unable to set up the WL Sound Mixer
Control to use the onboard sound for mic and the USB sound adapter for DVK,
or vice versa. I can get one or the other, but not both, if both lines are
connected to a single one of the sound devices.

I have set the WL Sound Mixer as follows:

Xmit from PC: USB Sound Device
DVK mic: Onboard Sound Device
Rec to PC: Onboard Sound Device

I have the mic plugged into the mic jack on notebook and the line to the mic
splitter audio isolation box hooked to the USB device headphone jack.

What am I missing?

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT