Re: [WriteLog] writelog and K3

To: "'Jim Reisert AD1C'" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, "'Write log Contesting'" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] writelog and K3
From: "Bob Garceau" <rgarceau@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 21:59:40 -0400
Good point Jim.

The only different that I did was use 4800b instead of 38400

Here's the post:
Hi Bob:

Here are my settings which work just fine. If you have a SteppIR antenna
which also requires comms to the K3, you will need a Y cable from SteppIR in
order to link the K3 to both your PC and the SteppIR.

In WriteLog

Port Setup
I use COM 1
I have CW checked
Rig type = K2
Baud rate = 38400
I have Poll checked
Comm PTT = No
Further down, I have All mode PTT on CW port checked

>From Port Setup, press the CW PTT button CW PTT SETUP I have None (e.g. QSK)
checked

On the K3
Config:PTT-KEY = RTS-DTR

These are just my settings which work perfectly. I have to turn on the K3
VOX or QSK. Other settings might also work just fine.

I can send you screen snapshots if any of the above is unclear.

Good luck & 73
Mike K2MK